Requirements after the Student is Accepted into the Program
- Secure his/her position in the class by contacting the Program Director in writing stating his/her intention to begin the program; if letter of intent is not received by the date indicated, an alternate student will be admitted to the program; failure to start the program results in a loss of acceptance for admission status
- Meet with Program Director at scheduled time to review program requirements, receive appropriate forms, and ask questions regarding PTA program requirements/policies; student will be contacted by mail at the address of record in reference to scheduling an advisement/registration appointment; failure to meet with Program Director will result in forfeiture of the student’s acceptance in the program, and an alternate student will be admitted to the program
- Complete physical exam and required immunizations (fees paid by student); forms are distributed to student by Program Director
- Complete a satisfactory criminal background check as designated by the program by May 1* (fees paid by student)
- Complete drug screening as designated by the program* (fees paid by student)
- Purchase uniforms, lab jackets, and shoes during the first semester of the program
*An unsatisfactory background check and/or positive drug screening test will negate program admission.
Conduct and Health
In addition to meeting the PTA program requirements for admission, a student’s conduct and health status must also meet the standards of the clinical agencies.