IECC AEFL offers curriculum and instruction that are aligned with the current high school standards and career-and-college-readiness expectations. Adult Secondary Education courses are designed to prepare students for the GED® exam and prepare students for college and/or the workforce.
- Adult Basic Education- Courses examine the basic skills of reading, math, English, science, and social studies. These courses may serve as a pre-high school equivalency classes for students preparing for the GED® exam.
- Adult Secondary Education - Courses are designed to prepare students for the GED® exam. Online classes are available to eligible students.
- English Language Acquisition or English as a Second Language
- Transition and JobSkills- Courses designed to teach AEFL students the skills they need to transition to college and/or the workforce.
- Individuals enrolling in the program must be 16 years of age or older
- Individuals under the age of 18 must provide formal separation documentation from the public school system
- All individuals enrolling in the program must complete the required assessments for class placement, advisement, and/or referrals
- For more information, please contact the college listed below that serves your geographical area
Classes are typically offered every eight weeks. Classes and supportive services are offered at no cost to students.
- ADA Services
- Advisement and Assessment
- Individualized lesson plans
- One-on-one tutoring
Students may be eligible to receive FREE GED® practice test vouchers and/or FREE GED® test vouchers pending funding and eligibility requirements determined by each college. Students earning their High School Equivalency credentials through IECC may be eligible to receive an IECC college scholarship.
Community and Service Partners:
Click here to pre-enroll or if you would like to receive more information about IECC's Adult Education Program.
AEFL College Contacts:
Sharmila Kakac, Program Director of Adult Education
(618) 842-3711 ext. 4312
Frontier Community College- Fairfield
FCC Adult Education Brochure [PDF]
Angelique Maguire, Director of Adult Education
(618) 842-3711 ext. 4316
FCC offers off-site classes at Albion, Bridgeport, Fairfield, Flora, Newton, and Lawrenceville.
All services are based on funding and individual college guidelines.