Professional Development Funding Guidelines
The purpose of Professional Development funds is to provide professional development opportunities that increase employee’s skills and enhance their contributions to the organization. An employee’s work performance is vital to the success of our District. Providing professional development to our employees is an investment in their careers and the District’s future.
Professional Development funds are considered on a first-come, first-served basis for funds to be disbursed between July 1 and June 30 each year.
Employees Who Are Eligible
Employees of IECC
Activities Eligible for Funding
Professional development funding must demonstrate one of the following:
1. District/college goals
2. Assistance with performing the employee’s essential job functions
3. Increase the employee’s contribution to the organization
- Complete the Request for Professional Development Funds form.
- Include the necessary documents, such as the activity brochure or information, hotel reservation with rates, and any other relevant materials.
- Ensure the form is signed by your supervisor.
- Submit the completed form and other necessary documents to IECCHR@iecc.edu by the first of the month prior to your professional development. Note: The earlier you submit your request, the better.
Funding Request Approval
The District Professional Development Committee will review requests that meet the stated guidelines and distribute funding. Once approved or denied you will receive an email with an attached document detailing the next step.
Reimbursement of Travel Expenses
Upon approval of the request, it is the employee and/or supervisor’s responsibility to complete registration, make any related travel arrangements or any other prepayment arrangements. It's very important that employees refer to our Travel Reimbursement Summary Brochure (found on Intranet: Finance > Forms) and procedure 300.16 for more information on allowable expenses. Employees should also see their college Business Department with questions related to travel. Travel expenses may not be approved if proper procedure is not followed.
Reimbursement of Professional Development Funds
In the event the employee does not pass or attend the Professional Development course or meeting, the employee may be required to reimburse the District.
For any questions or further assistance, please contact the Human Resources department.