Become a Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
In this comprehensive course bundle, you will cover all facets of supply chain management and prepare for the CSCP exam. You will also prepare you to enter the freight/logistics industry and learn how to start your own freight broker business or become a freight agent.
Brooke Transportation Training Solutions hosts a Broker/Agent Resources Day event, which includes a virtual option held one Friday a month, exclusively for course graduates. During this virtual option, all Freight Broker/Agent course graduates have the opportunity to join in on this Resource Day to hear participating brokers give presentations regarding agent opportunities with their company. Graduates are provided with additional valuable resources that can significantly benefit them in their freight brokerage/agency operations. Brooke Transportation is the only training provider currently offering this excellent resource.
- Supply chain management and operations
- Purchasing and supplier management
- Ethical and sustainable sourcing
- Inventory and demand forecasting
- Resource planning systems
- Process management and Six Sigma in the supply chain
- Customer relationship management and globalization
- The basics of freight brokering, and qualifications needed for freight brokers and freight broker agents
- Transportation law, insurance, and agreements and contracts fundamentals
- How to set up and run your business, including record keeping, determining quotes, and negotiation and marketing techniques
- Knowledge to pass the CSCP certification test, including coverage of topics like improving hiring potential, potential increase in salary, increased professional value, and marketability
- Increase in supply chain management skills and knowledge
- Increase in customer satisfaction
- Expanded view of the supply chain industry
- Insight into the freight broker industry to determine which avenue fits you best and will give you guidance to obtain the highest ratios for success
- Graduates will be able to participate in a weekly job opportunity event called Resource Day
The instructional materials required for this program are included in enrollment. The textbook will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment in the Supply Chain portion of the program:
- Principles of Supply Chain Management: A Balanced Approach, by Joel D. Wisner, Keah-Choon Tan, and G. Keong Leong
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, since this course focuses solely on U.S. domestic freight brokering, it is recommended you are interested in doing business in the United States. You should also have general knowledge of Microsoft Excel before you enroll.
Wayne Durr is a global supply chain manager with over 30 years of supply chain experience with the US Army, the US Government, Fortune 500 companies and startups. In his tenure as supply chain professional, he has held the titles strategic buyer, senior demand forecaster and ISO 9001 auditor, amongst others. Wayne has Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) (ABD), an MBA in supply chain and operations and Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
Jan Roach entered the transportation field and became a partner in a freight brokerage operation in 1995. For over 10 years, she ran a brokerage/freight agency, overseeing sales, marketing, accounting and claims, and day-to-day operations. Roach holds a Bachelor of Science from Baylor University and has provided training for the freight industry since 2001.
Jeff Roach has been in the transportation and freight brokerage industry since 1986. He founded operating his own freight brokerage in 1995, after working as the vice president of national accounts for a major truckload carrier with an air freight division. He grew his brokerage into a multimillion-dollar business and began developing freight broker courses in 2001. Roach is a graduate of Abilene Christian University, holding a Bachelor of Science.