There are many dates to remember; however, these vary from semester to semester. You can find all of these noted on the Academic Calendar or you can contact your advisor with any questions.
- Orientation – takes place in August prior to the start of the semester. Students taking dual credit anytime in that school year are welcome to attend.
- First Day of Classes – this may differ from the first day at the high school. Students should still attend even if the high school is not yet in session.
- 10 Day Drop Deadline – the period in which students can still drop a class without it showing on their transcript and receive refunds on tuition and fees.
- Midterm – courses are halfway over at this point. Instructors in every class will assess that a student is making proper academic progress. If a student is found to NOT be meeting academic progress, the instructor can initiate a drop of the student.
- Last Day to Drop – full payment is still required, but students receive a W instead of a grade on the transcript.
- Holiday Closures – many of these are like the high school, but not all. Please make sure to note the dates every month. Many teachers will also list these days in their syllabi.