A CETL sponsored event
The CETL sponsors a collection of optional professional development opportunities for IECC faculty. This is a virtual workshop, and you can log in via your office computer, or at a designated computer lab at one of the IECC campuses.
1-2pm: CETL presents the “Hour of Power” an exploration of updates and best practices relating to education technology.
This session will include presentations from the CETL staff and IT staff about best practices for instructional technology at IECC. Topics include Canvas updates, using AI for teaching, Video creation tips, updates to the QM rubric and improving teaching methodology.
Teams meeting – invite sent from CETL
- Mike Conn: Introduction and future of online learning
- Ken Anderson: TBD
- Cameron Ireland: AI
- Jeff Gumbel: Canvas
- Carrie Hallam: TBD
- Derek Dunn: Video editing tips/advice
- Amanda Kotch: QM, changes with the 7th edition of quality matters
Mike will close with direction about how to log on to G2K and micro-badging
2-3pm Go2Knowledge open session – “Choose your Adventure”
This session will give faculty the option to explore G2K, a professional development solution provided free from the CETL. Micro Badging options are available and there are over 300 on demand webinars and many topics related to teaching, administration, and best practices in higher education.
- 300+ On-Demand Webinars
- Micro badging options available
- Free to all IECC faculty
Go2Knowledge Member Site Instructions
- Visit https://www.go2knowledge.org/iecc/0xmn8l7jm7ax24px
- Create an account by filling out your information, agreeing to our terms of service, and clicking register. If you already have an account, simply click sign-in
- Once in the digital library, you can register for live webinars or view on-demand webinars. Also, check out our FAQs in the Go2Knowledge member site.
- The platform will keep track of your progress:
Micro badging pdf: Click here
Join us for the “Turnitin Advanced Training Session," an exclusive opportunity to deepen your understanding and enhance your skills in maintaining academic integrity and combating contract cheating. Scheduled for Wednesday, January 3, from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Central Time, this session is designed specifically for faculty members committed to supporting student success and upholding the highest standards of academic excellence. Our agenda includes a focused recap on reinforcing Canvas assignments, an in-depth exploration of contract cheating and its implications, and a discussion on fostering a community supportive of academic integrity. We'll also delve into the integration and advantages of Turnitin in conjunction with AI writing tools. This training not only promises to equip you with practical insights but also fosters a collaborative environment for sharing strategies and experiences. Register now to secure your spot and be a part of this transformative learning experience!
Illinois Eastern Community Colleges | Turnitin Advanced Training Session
Zoom Registration: Our session is scheduled for Wednesday, January 3, from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Central Time. Please find the Zoom registration link at the end of this email. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Recap: Focusing on reinforcing a Canvas assignment.
- Introduction to Contract Cheating: Taking a deeper look at Document Details.
- Discussion on Academic Integrity: Strategies for supporting students within a community.
- Turnitin and AI Writing: Exploring their integration and benefits.
When: Jan 3, 2024, 03:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada) Register in advance for this meeting: https://turnitin.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJArcemurD8pG91vR6HOVvJ-PtpNzc2Db92Q
Computer Labs available at each campus from 1-4pm
- FCC: WDC 32
- LTC: WH 112
- OCC: KW 207
- WVC: MA 205