Content edited and saved!

Application Process and Tuition

Steps to Apply

An international student is a citizen of a country other than the United States, who is authorized to remain in the United States for a temporary period as a non-immigrant student (F-1 visa) and who intends to return to his/her country.  Take the following steps to begin this exciting journey.

Step 1: Required Documents & Fees

To apply for admission to Illinois Eastern Community Colleges you must submit the following documents:

  • A completed Admission Application and Financial Form (Click here for form)
  • Letter or statement from the bank of your sponsor
  • Official academic records (transcripts) translated into English
  • Application fee of $100 in the form of a check, money order (USD) or credit card 
  • Copies of up-to-date medical vaccinations

Mail documents to:

Illinois Eastern Community Colleges/OCC
International Office
305 North West Street
Olney, IL 62450-1099 USA

Step 2: Obtain Visa

Upon receipt of all completed and signed documents, IECC will issue an I-20 form.
Please take the following items to the nearest United State Consulate to obtain a student visa:

  • I-20 form
  • current passport
  • all of the above forms in Step 1


Additional Information


Expenses Estimates

All costs are estimated and subject to change without notice. Please be prepared to pay all tuition and fees on the first day of classes. Credit cards (Visa and Mastercard) are accepted.  See the application form for expense details.

Upon Arrival

When you arrive at IECC, you will be tested for English proficiency. Test results will determine whether you will be placed in the English Language Center or in regular academic programs. Please refer to the English as a Second Language web page for more information.

College Course Work

College course work and advancement toward a degree is measured in terms of semester (credit) hours. The majority of classes are three to four credit hours each. International students must enroll in a full courseload (12 semester hours) in order to maintain and keep current visa status. This requirement comes from the U.S. Immigration Office for students on the F-1 visa.

Medical Insurance

IECC requires all international students to purchase medical/hospitalization insurance upon arrival, to protect students from the high cost of health care in the United States. If you have family coverage and you will be covered while you are in the United States, bring a copy of the policy and coverage with you.

Find a problem? Send the issue to us. Thank you!