General Education Learning Outcomes
General Education at Illinois Eastern Community Colleges provides students a foundation of values, attitudes, and skills necessary to become responsible and concerned citizens and lifelong learners possessing the ability to think critically, communicate effectively, and solve problems in a diverse global society.
Reading Comprehension (GE 1)
- Students will be able to read and comprehend college level work.
Communication (GE 2)
- Students will be able to explain and defend ideas orally and in writing.
Critical Thinking and Quantitative Reasoning (GE 3)
- Students will be able to solve problems using critical thinking and/or quantitative reasoning.
Information and Technology Literacy (GE 4)
- Students will be able to demonstrate information and technology literacy.
Responsibility and Accountability (GE 5)
- Students will be prepared to engage in lifelong learning and to participate as responsible members of a culturally diversified global society.